This program allows Counsellors-in-Training (CIT’s) to assist the supervisor and counselors at camp with children ages 6-9 years old at Aqua-Adventures Beach & Surf Camp in Del Mar.
The CIT’s duties will include:
- Playing with kids on the beach
- Helping a counselor watch children in the shallow water (no deeper than 3 feet.)
- Shadowing a counselor to learn & develop skills to communicate and lead children.
- Helping teach & reinforce safety rules and ocean etiquette.
- Escorting campers to the restroom
- Helping set up & move equipment
- Develop skills to support and teach children
- Gain job experience and leadership skills
- Establish new relationships
- Gain community service hours
- Certification of completion
- Your help equates to helping under-resourced kids come to camp on scholarship
- Must be 13 to 16 years old
- Must have 40 hours experience being with children ages 5 to 10 years old
- Must interested in working with children and possess maturity, flexibility, a strong work ethic, and the ability to have fun.
- Must be available for 2 weeks from June 1 to August 31 (M-F) 8:30 to 1:00 or 12:30 to 5:00 pm.
- Engage in a 15-minute phone interview. (Parents can be present.)
- Fee is $50/week and is donated to our scholarship fund. (Fee can be waived if necessary)
- (Optional) Attend the training on May 23 from 10:30-3:30 pm in Del Mar.